Corporate Housing is dedicated to protecting your privacy and safeguarding your personally identifiable information. CorporateStays.com is committed to using our customer’s information in a responsible manner. CorporateStays.com is committed to respecting your privacy and adhering to the principles of applicable data protection and privacy laws.
The following Privacy Statement explains and outlines the information we collect, our methods of using it, and how our handling of this information will enhance your experience on our web sites and throughout the duration of your relationship with us. The information provided below will help you make informed decisions while conducting business with CorporateStays.com.
CorporateStays.com is fully committed to providing you with information about the collection and use of personally identifiable information furnished by, or collected from, visitors while using our web sites and services. CorporateStays.com collects information concerning our customers and our web site visitors so we are able to provide an experience which responds to our customers’ and visitors’ needs.
Method of Information Collection
CorporateStays.com does not collect personally identifiable information when you browse the CorporateStays.com web sites unless you voluntarily and knowingly provide such information to us. In other words we won’t know your name, email address, or any other personally identifiable information simply because you browsed the CorporateStays.com web sites unless you:
- access the web site from a link in an email that we sent;
- have created a profile and log-in when you access the web site.
When we do need to collect personally identifiable information from you, we will ask you, your employer, your relocation company or travel agency to voluntarily supply us with the information we need. For example, if you would like to make a reservation at one of our properties, we will ask you for information such as name, address, telephone number, email address, credit card number and room preference to process your reservation. We may collect this information directly from you by telephone, fax, email, at the counter, upon completion of an application or enrolment form, or through your use of our web sites.
Information may also be collected as part of: (i) fulfilling reservation or information requests, (ii) registering for myCorporateStays.com program membership, (iii) submitting a job application, (iv) submitting a credit application, or (v) responding to communications from us (e.g., surveys, promotional offers, or reservation confirmations), (vi) registering for, or responding to a subscription request for our newsletter. We endeavour to collect information only with your knowledge and with your permission if necessary.
Types of Information
The types of personally identifiable information that we collect may include your name, home, work and email addresses, credit card information, telephone and fax numbers, gender, date of birth, social security number (in some cases), salary, and lifestyle information such as room preferences, leisure activities, and other information necessary to fulfill special requests (e.g., health conditions that require special room accommodations).
CorporateStays.com may also collect non-personally identifiable information about you, such as your use of our web sites, travel habits, aggregated data relative to your stays, communication preferences, and responses to promotional offers and surveys.
You may be offered the choice not to submit your personal information or to decide what communications you want to receive from us. Doing so however, may cause certain transactions to become affected. For instance, not providing a name will prevent the processing of reservations.
Use of Information
CorporateStays.com will never sell your information to third parties or allow its use in any manner except with the purpose to ensure and promote the business relationship that you wish to establish with CorporateStays.com.
CorporateStays.com may disclose your information to others with that purpose in the following ways:
- when we have received your consent to do so;
- when we communicate with employers, relocation companies, travel agencies, companies or organizations, who have made reservations, agreed to make payments, arranged for discounts, or purchased services on your behalf or if you use our services under a corporate or other commercial account;
- if you seek to have your rental charges invoiced to your employer or any other third party, we may disclose personally identifiable data about you to that employer or third party and to any companies that assist the third party in processing invoices;
- when we report to credit card issuers, credit reporting and fraud checking agencies and debt collection agencies;
- if you choose to do business with us through, or with the assistance of, your employer’s or any third party’s travel agent, relocation company or other intermediary, we may disclose personally identifiable data about you to the employer or other intermediary to make, modify or cancel a reservation made by or with the assistance of the agent, to respond to questions or comments made by the agent on your behalf, to facilitate any other task that the employer or intermediary advises us that you intend for the agent to fulfill, or that such an agent would, as a matter of industry practice, typically fulfill;
- in situations where sharing or disclosing your information is required in order to offer you services you desire;
- when companies or service providers that perform business activities on behalf of CorporateStays.com require such information (e.g., credit card processing, customer support services, market research administration or database management services);
- when a housing complex or other property leaves the CorporateStays.com system and access to your personally identifiable information is necessary to facilitate business operations or meet contractual obligation;
- in the event CorporateStays.com is merged with or acquired by another company;
- to comply with legal or regulatory requirements or obligations in accordance with applicable law or court order, and otherwise as we believe is necessary or appropriate to satisfy any law, regulation or other governmental request, to operate our web site properly, or to protect or defend our rights or the rights or well-being of our employees, users or others or if you are involved (or are suspected by governmental authorities or our security functions to be involved) in any illegal activity, even without a subpoena, warrant or court order; or
- in case of emergency such as to safeguard the life, health, or property of an individual.
If information is shared as mentioned above, we will limit the scope of information that is furnished to the amount necessary for the performance of the specific function. We may confirm personal information you provide us on applications and forms, or as a resident of one of our communities, with third parties, such as your bank, employer, present mortgage company or landlord, utility providers, government entities, credit agencies, and other businesses where you have an account or a credit card. Unless otherwise precluded by legal process, we require third parties to protect your personally identifiable information and abide by applicable privacy laws and regulations.
Use of Email
We will use your email address to send a confirmation and, if necessary, might use the other information to contact you for help in processing the reservation. We will also use your email address to:
- send you pre-arrival confirmation details;
- notify you about special offers and promotions;
- send you copies of your bills when you request them; and
- send you periodic satisfaction or market research surveys.
As part of our commitment to keep you up to date and informed we may contact you via mail, email, telephone, or by other means to confirm your departure date, ensure your customer satisfaction, notify you of new CorporateStays.com products and services, or upcoming CorporateStays.com special offers, events, enhancements, or other relevant information that may be of interest to you. You may also receive mailings or other communications from carefully selected partners, such as our referral partners or our customer satisfaction surveyors. We may offer you the option to decline any or all of these communications by following the directions included in our emails or other communications, or by contacting CorporateStays.com directly.
CorporateStays.com strives to keep all our customers and visitors informed and equally able to take advantage of the benefits offered by CorporateStays.com and its strategic marketing partners. However, if you reside outside of the Canada, certain data privacy regulations may require us to obtain your permission before we send you information that you have not requested from us.
In some cases your permission will be implied from the nature of the service requested or transaction undertaken. For example, CorporateStays.com may collect and use personally identifiable information that you volunteer, or behavioural data or information collected in the aggregate. In addition, your permission will be deemed given for communications from us that are necessary to fulfil transactions and services that you request.
Data Transfers Across International Borders
The nature of our business and our operations may require us to transfer your information, including personally identifiable information, to other group companies, properties, centres of operations, data centres, or service providers that may be located in countries outside of your own. Although the data protection and other laws of these various countries may not be as comprehensive as those in your own country, CorporateStays.com will take appropriate steps to ensure that your personally identifiable information is protected and handled as described in this Privacy Statement.
It is CorporateStays.com’s intent and one of our missions to keep your personal information accurate, complete, and up to date for the purposes for which it is used. You can help us ensure that your contact information and preferences are accurate and complete, you can contact us with the request to correct, update, delete or deactivate it either by emailing our us or by contacting us by telephone or postal mail at the contact information listed below. Please provide your full name and street address and telephone number on your request.
To update or change your information or to opt-out of receiving marketing material:
- Follow directions on a marketing e-mail or direct mail communication from us, or
- Call 1.514.277.6464, or
- Send an email with your current contact information to marketing@CorporateStays.com, or
- Send a request with your current contact information to:
Attn: Marketing Department
279 Sherbrooke Ouest
Montreal, CANADA H2X 1Y1
CorporateStays.com will take reasonable steps to implement your request to opt out. However, please note that due to production and mailing timelines, it may take approximately six weeks to make the requested change and, until that change takes effect, you may still receive promotional information from us.
Although we will make no more marketing use of information you have asked to be deleted, occasionally, information that you request to be removed will be retained in certain files for a period of time in order to properly resolve disputes or to troubleshoot problems. In addition, some types of information may be stored indefinitely on;back up; systems or within log files due to technical constraints, or financial or legal requirements.
CorporateStays.com recognizes the importance of information security, and is constantly reviewing and enhancing all technical, physical, and logical security rules and procedures. Once information reaches CorporateStays.com, it is stored on a secure server that resides behind firewalls designed to block unauthorized access from outside of CorporateStays.com. All CorporateStays.com owned web sites and servers have security measures in place to help protect your personally identifiable information against loss, misuse, and alteration while under our control. Although guaranteed security does not exist either on or off the internet, we safeguard your information using both procedural and technical safeguards, including VeriSign Secure Server ID. The use of VeriSign’s services allows for the use of Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), an encryption method used to help protect your data from interception and hacking while in transit.
A cookie is a very small text file that is sent to your browser from a Web server and stored on your computer’s hard drive. It assigns the computer with a unique identifier, which in turn, becomes your identification card whenever you return to an CorporateStays.com web site.
Cookies are designed to save you time because they help us provide a customized experience tailored just for you without having to remind us of your preferences each time you return to our web sites. CorporateStays.com cookies are not designed to damage your files, nor can they read information from other files on your computer hard drive.
Cookies also help us provide a personalized online experience in the following ways:
- they remember your user name and password for future visits so log-in is easier and faster
- they ensure you are provided with the appropriate frames and content;
- they ensure you obtain all requested information; and
- they help us deliver communications that are relevant and responsive to your interests and location.
CorporateStays.com cookies are limited to our web sites only, and are not designed to follow you when travelling on the internet after leaving CorporateStays.com’s web sites. We track the usage of our web sites in order to better meet your needs and to help make it easier for you to find information in the future. Please note that in addition to CorporateStays.com cookies, various third parties may also place cookies on your computer’s hard drive. CorporateStays.com is not responsible for the presence or absence of third party cookies, or for the technological capabilities or practices employed by third parties in connection with third party cookies.
If you would prefer not to have the benefits of cookies, your internet browser or other third party software on your workstation can be adjusted to treat cookies in various ways. Depending on the type of browser you use, you may be able to configure it so that: (i) you are prompted to accept or reject cookies on an individual basis; or (ii) you may be able to prevent your browser from accepting any cookies at all. You should refer to the supplier or manufacturer of your Web browser for specific details about cookie security. However, you should also understand that rejecting cookies might affect your ability to perform certain transactions on our web sites and our ability to recognize your browser from one visit to the next.
Links To Other Web sites
In order to anticipate your needs, CorporateStays.com provides links to other web sites for your convenience and information. CorporateStays.com is not responsible or liable for any content presented by or contained within any independent web site, including, but not limited to, any advertising claims or marketing practices. Please note that while CorporateStays.com will protect your information on CorporateStays.com owned and operated web sites, we cannot control and will not be responsible for the privacy policies of third party web sites, including Web sites owned or controlled by independent franchisees or third party owners of residence properties that may use the name of an CorporateStays.com brand, or web sites not controlled or authorized by CorporateStays.com. Third party web sites that are accessed through links on our web sites have separate privacy and data collection practices, and security measures. We have no responsibility or liability for the practices, policies and security measures implemented by third parties on their web sites. We recommend that you review the privacy statements and policies of linked web sites to understand how those web sites collect, use and store information.
CorporateStays.Com – MontrealStays.com
4th floor, Suite #409
279 Sherbrooke West street Montréal, H2X 1Y2
Toll Free: +1-800-213-6030
Monday - Friday : 9am - 6pm
Saturday - Sunday : 9am - 5pm